Sunday, August 04, 2013

Thinking of you...on Friendship Day

On Friendship Day...I think of each and every person who turned my friend and  influenced my life in a special way.

As these have been those extraordinary souls who shaped my life, who inspired me to move ahead despite everything, who supported me in the most distressing times, who felt my pain as their pain and prayed for me in temples and churches for me, who prepared and brought special meals...Rajma-rice, Idli-Chattni, Sambhar in their lunch boxes and  ....Upma and Rasam and even Paranthas... when I was compelled to survive for months on just Maggie and a cup of tea.

I miss all those who always bothered to ask me...Kaise ho....when nobody did...who either played with me: defeating me or let me beat them.. or simply appreciated my performances in badminton to kabaddi...cricket to martial art bouts when I had none to celebrate it with at home or around....

I remember my days spent with those during my first job in a magazine, when we used to work and enjoy meals together.

I miss all those who bunked classes with me after recess during school days for years and suffered teachers' reprimand or punishment in class or assembly with sticks the following day. But they still kept silent about who was their leader in mass bunking...

I cannot forget all those from Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan who worked for days and nights during post graduation and M.Phil days...I also badly miss all those who worked for long hours during textile designing days at J.D.Institute of fashion technology.

I thank all those who are no more colleagues but rather feel as a Family of Friends in my life from ANI..including my core group and ....I miss my lunches and tea-times with my buddy-cum-Punjabi bhra and other selective and affectionate friends from ANI's Print section...and especially those colleagues who are still in touch with me like brothers or guides ....

I value my that very colleague from Assam who is today more than a friend...and another...from the same state...who has just married but did not bother to inform :).

But most importantly ..I remember and thank those Three Idiots...of my college life who believed in me during college days while living in my neighbourhood even when I had lost all hope to even learn Angrezi due to being a government school student who had his education till graduation in Hindi medium....for enabling me to become what I am today. I dedicate my everything to your care, affection and belief in me.

Thank you very much each one of you for letting me realise how a life turns a true celebration of life due to friends.  With Love and Affection: Sandeep Datta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..it seems u can't forget everything...at least!